How Important Is Writing a Good College Admission Statement of Purpose?
Your college statement of purpose will often be the most important part of your application. Many of your competitors for a place are going to have similar grades to you, so the only way that you will make yourself stand out in any way is through writing a SoP that will get the attention of the reader. You want them to remember your statement and not simply produce something that will blend in with 99% of the other applications that they receive.
Whether you are writing a statement of purpose for grad school or applying to college we have the skills and understanding required to help make your application a success. Our statement of purpose help is delivered through real experts that know precisely what it takes to get selected for the program that you are targeting. We offer some of the best help and advice that you will find online and are confident that you will get a good chance of success with our support.
The admission figures for Dartmouth College for the last year show that just over 10% of those applying were admitted into their courses. This is not an unusual statistic for a college and some are even harder to get into. This means that no matter how you look at it, you will need to work very hard on your application if you want to get selected for a place.
What Do You Need to Get into the College You Are Applying to?
Many applications to college are made through the common application in the US or through UCAS in the UK. This layout the basic requirements that you will be expected to submit. You should still, however, check the specific requirements for your targeted place however as many have supplementary requirements that you will need to cover. Typically, however, you will need to provide all of the following through your application:
- GPA scores
- Standardized tests such as SAT
- Letters of recommendation
- College admission essay or statement of purpose
Tips for Writing That Perfect Statement of Purpose for College
If you look at any good college statement of purpose sample that has been successful you will see that it is different to any other that you have read. Just as you are unique so should your essay be. While there are some set areas that you need to cover within your essay the important thing is to show yourself as someone that is going to benefit from the program while adding value to it.
Knowing how to present yourself effectively through your SoP for college is vital. The following advice will help you with creating that very effective essay for admissions:
- You do need to ensure that the story that you tell is relevant: And also of a level that is suitable for the application that you are making this comment from the College of Engineering at the University of Washington demonstrates:
- You need to tell a story with your application essay to maintain the reader’s attention: This is best organized around a personal anecdote, but as the comment above says make it relevant to what you are applying to. Also be honest. Don’t base your application around a piece of fiction, especially if you are likely to be interviewed and questioned about it. A story with good flow, however, will make you memorable, far more memorable than a list of facts that is more like a resume.
- Provide a strong opening paragraph: Your opening is your hook and yet many students will start unfortunately with a cliché such as “Ever since I was 6 years old I have been interested in…” Your opening must be able to totally gain the attention of the reader and compel them to read more. The following are some real examples of SoP opening lines:
- “Good Grief! You would never have guessed that an unassuming meek lovable loser like Charlie Brown would have an influence on anyone, but indeed he has.”
- “Some fathers might disapprove of their children handling noxious chemicals in the garage.”
- “As an Indian-American, I am forever bound to the hyphen.”
- Talk about yourself: A statement of purpose is a form of personal statement and is requested so that the application committee can get to know more about you. While grades and everything else is an important factor they still want to get to know who you are. An interesting statement can swing a decision in your favour while a poorly written essay that speaks about other people could easily lose you that place.
We Can Help Write Your Statement of Purpose Essay for College
Working with the best college SoP writer is important if your statement is going to help you to stand out. We have a large pool of writers that cover many different subject areas allowing us to always match you with a true specialist in your field that fully understands what the committee will be looking for. They work directly with you so that they can help you to tailor your SoP so that it will carefully reflect what they will be looking for.
All of the writing produced with our support will be put through free proofreading and formatting to ensure that it is totally free from any errors before you submit it. We also provide you with a free plagiarism report so that you can see that your essay is unique to you only.