How Important Is That Internship Statement of Purpose?
The statement of purpose internship is an important part of your application no matter what area you are applying within. A well-written statement of purpose for internship can provide the reader with a more holistic view of who you are and help boost your chances of being selected for a place. The SoP can often be the deciding factor when it comes time for decisions to be made.
Our SoP services have been providing students and post-graduates with help with everything from their college statement of purpose writing through to internship application editing. Our help will give you access to highly qualified and experienced specialists within your area of application. This allows you to get help and advice from experts that know just how to make your application a success.
An internship provides you with on the job training and in many areas, it is compulsory part on the road to being licensed such as within medicine. Getting onto a program, however, is going to a competitive process and in some areas, you are going to really struggle to get a place. The society of Dietetics, for instance, reports that only 50% of those looking for an internship place actually found one. If you were looking for an internship with Google, however, their intake is less than 1%.
Internship Documentation Requirements
Each internship will have its own specific entrance requirements and you should always carefully review their websites and other documentation to ensure that you fully understand what they need and when it must be submitted. The following, however, are some of the more general requirements that you may be asked to supply through your application:
- Transcripts and GPA
- Professional testing results
- Letters of Recommendation
- Internship program SoP
How to Write a Good Statement of Purpose Internship
The best place to start when writing any SoP or letter of intent is to look at a statement of purpose sample for internship. Good samples can show you just how other applicants have approached this task successfully in the past. Whether looking for educational opportunities to further your academic studies or for a more formal internship samples show you just what you should be covering and how.
Never, however, try to copy any example that you find. A statement of purpose needs to be totally unique to you if it is going to be effective and not copied in any way.
The University of Maryland offers the following piece of advice when writing your SoP:
The following guidance for writing statement of purpose internship will help you to write an essay that is going to get you noticed for the right reasons:
- Make your writing relevant to the position you are applying to: If you are applying at a postgraduate level you do not want to be basing your essay around something that happened to you within your junior years or talking about something totally irrelevant to your application.
- If there is a prompt for the application essay ensure that you actually answer it: Don’t get so hung up on the other aspects of your writing that you forget to actually provide an answer to the prompt they have provided for you.
- Make your opening line an attention grabber: They will probably have to read many other statements and being able to wake them up and motivate them to read more will boost your chances of getting accepted considerably. The following are some examples of SoP opening lines that others have used:
- ”Unlike many mathematicians, I live in an irrational world; I feel that my life is defined by a certain amount of irrationalities that bloom too frequently, such as my brief foray in front of 400 people without my pants.”
- “When I was in eighth grade I couldn’t read.”
- “On a hot Hollywood evening, I sat on a bike, sweltering in a winter coat and furry boots.”
- Use language that all can understand within your writing: Using excessively complex words will not make you appear brighter or help your application. Also never use any slang, text speak or even acronyms within your writing. Assume that the reader will know nothing about your field, they may not.
- Use action words to engage the reader: You will want them to see you as someone that is able to achieve and that means using the language to show it. The following are some action type keywords that you could use:
- Write about yourself: This is about you and your personal ambitions for the future, if you write about others you will not get a chance at that internship. They want to learn about you and what you are going to bring to their program.
- Be honest with what you write: Telling lies within your statement or bending the truth may make your statement read better, but it will not help you when they ask questions about it within your interview. Always stick to the full truth and do not exaggerate your personal abilities.
We Can Help with Your SoP for Internship Application
We are a professional company that has been providing SoP support at all levels for more than 5 years online. During this time we have worked with many experts across a diverse range of subject areas allowing us to build a team of specialists that have proven their skills many times. By working with us you will gain access to a specialist in your area of application that will know just how to write your SoP effectively.
Our experts always work directly with our clients so that they can provide a highly personalized statement that will be tailored to the expectations of the program that you are applying to. All writing is unique and to a high standard as well as being carefully proofread and supplied to you with a plagiarism report. Our SoP services come with a full satisfaction guarantee or we will refund your money.